Board Elections for 2014-2015
Update: Candidates for board of directors elections: Hayati Turan (President candidate), Pervin Oztekin (Vice President candidate), Yetkin Yetkiner (Secretary Candidate), Hatice Dinc (Treasury Candidate), Eylem Hocaoglu, Ulas Keles, Sehnaz Engur, Kagan Demirdoven, Murat Askin, Yucel Tavolara, Selim Erhan
A new board will be elected for 2014 and 2015 in December. We are looking for motivated members to join TACA board. We also want to remind you a few important points regarding the elections.
If you would like to apply for board membership, email to email@example.com below documents by December 1st:
– a short biography
– short cover letter what positions you want to assume and your plans as a prospective board member to take TACA a step forward
– your name, address and phone number
Remember, being a TACA board member is a volunteer (non-paid) work but it comes with responsibilities. Assuming a board member position requires:
– Being able to work as a team and collaborate effectively
– Being organized and able to keep up with email traffic, being able to finish given tasks or projects on time
– legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals
– finding new projects and events that fosters TACA’s mission or improve already existing ones
– accepting the board member responsibilities contract and act responsibly and prudently as its steward
If you’d like to serve as a director or officer, you must be a member for at least 1 full year. Those who were members in 2012 and are still members in 2013 will be eligible to become a candidate.
During the elections, according to our bylaws, only current members have a right to vote. So, you have to be a member in 2013 to become eligible to vote.
Also, student members are not eligible to vote and a family membership grants up to two votes per family.
What: TACA Board Elections
Date and Time: December 8th, 2013, 11am
Location: 3845 N. Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL